Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Korea Korea Korea...

Well, I spent about 20 hours in Korea. It was a little crazy, trying to be a weathered traveler and then not making a flight when I was supposed to. It was not my fault in the end, because when I landed I had about 20mins to get into my connecting flight back to Beijing. Which was literally impossible even though I was running to the gate. So I wound up staying at the airport guest house, which cost US$50, equivolent to 50,000 Korean Wan. I did not have any Korean Wan. I did not have any USD... I had RMB. Not knowing any exchange rates, I perspired my way to the exchenge desk with four damp 100 RMB notes in my hand, and said... how much do I get for this? I got 60,000 wan... YES! I even had enough to get a pepsi and a bag of peanuts. Not enough for a toothbrush or deodorant.

Let me just say, the things I saw in Korea were awesome. There was a dedicated cellphone charging station in the airport that had little cubby holes in it with every manufacturer of cell phone plug inside. Not to mention 3 or 4 dedicated videogame channels broadcasting live Starcraft battles. I better move there now to get in early on Starcraft 2 tournament rings! They also had about 10 English channels. Will post pictures soon.

No comments: